[ocbug] A message to Scott Murphy

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at tricolour.ca
Wed Nov 9 12:24:49 EST 2022

On 2022-11-09 16:52, Katherine Mcmillan wrote:
> Thanks Scott!
>
> For anyone who hasn't completed the survey yet (for an in-person, but possibly hybrid) meeting in November please complete the survey here:
> https://doodle.com/meeting/organize/id/aK18ELzd
>
> I'm thinking that the Royal Oak on Wellington might be a good location? They're so welcoming there.  Does anyone have other ideas?

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I would not recommend it for hybrid,
based on our experience with the last OCLUG meeting last week.  I was
optimistic and it turned out to be a pretty open space with little sound
damping, making it pretty noisy.  They were friendly and accommodating
with good food though.

Finding relatively quiet places with fewer hard surfaces that reflect a
lot of sound has been getting harder in the last 10 years.

> I'll narrow down a finalized time by tomorrow and will send that out.
>
> Sincerely,
> Katie

  slainte mhath, RGB
--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!