[ocbug] October Meeting 2012

Murphy Scott scott5 at ovsage.org
Mon Oct 8 22:35:11 EDT 2012

Just a friendly reminder that this Thursday is the second Thursday of the month and we will be meeting at Cafe Colonnade downtown.

Cafe Colonnade is located at the corner of Metcalfe and Gilmore. If you need better directions, click on the “Meeting Information” link under the top graphic.

Official start time: 18:00 (unofficial – whenever you get there)
Official end time: 20:00 (people usually start drifting at 19:00 unless they are engaged in a conversation)

Topics:

It's fall.  Here are a few ideas that fell out of my head:
* FreeNAS has a new beta out. Might be interesting to play with it
* I did a recent on GPG talk at OCLUG, along with a key signing. If anyone is interested in having keys
   signed, bring along appropriate ID and we'll sign some keys, or at least exchange info so that we can sign keys.
* Is there a BSD equivalent of MythTV? I've found XBMC for BSD. Are there any others anyone has played with?
   I want to build my own after being less than enthused with the limitations of the other systems I have played with.
* Other items? Anyone have experience with second displays for laptops? I have seen a few advertised as well as
   using an iPad with OSX so that you can do a small presentation with no ned for a projector
* picoProjectors? Anyone play with one of those yet?
* Dan has announced the dates for BSDCan 2013. It will be May 15 to 18 at UofO. This will be the 10th anniversary.

See you on Thursday!