[ocbug] PCBSD/FreeBSD install fest

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Fri Jan 7 17:31:42 EST 2011

Hi,

At the last ocbug beer'n'pizza night, we had a discussion of install
problems with PCBSD especially after Dru's talk at OCLUG. I thought
it might be a good idea to find a few of us who would be willing to do
a dry run installfest. Say just the members on the list who are having
problems with either a FreeBSD install or PCBSD, then later extending
an invite to other groups to an full fledged install fest.

The idea would be to get the egg on our faces early on in side the group,
making sure we can solve just about any problem within the group before
tackling a more major event.

I'd like to see some more folks at the upcoming OCBUG meeting so
we can discuss when, who, where, how. Ideally, Dru herself should be
at that meeting. If she is interested enough, perhaps we should meet
on another day next week or meet twice or ?

- Diane
--
- db at FreeBSD.org db at db.net http://www.db.net/~db

----- End forwarded message -----